asdfasdf
ADS ADS ADS!!!
Question Or Comments
Do you have any questions ? Or would you like to advertise on this site ? Please contact me at sportsdork36@gmail.com.
Web Search and MISC!!!
 
Support my site!!
>Jordan Shoe SALE at Footlocker.com!
Save 15% on $75.  Use Code LKS178N4. Valid 8.5.07-9.1.07.
Top 5 MLB Pennant Race Collapes
Friday, September 21, 2007
I am sitting here looking for things to read I have come across the top Pennant Race Collapses of all time. I have broke it down to the top five. I thought I would Share it with all of you out ere in sports land cause I really enjoined it.

5. In 1962 the Los Angeles Dodgers lost 10 of there final 13 games to blow a 4 game lead over the San Francisco Giants in the final week of the season.

4. The San Francisco Giants Half a 10 game lead on the Atlanta Braves on July 22 1993. The San Francisco Giants blew the lead despite, Barry Bonds winning the MVP, to the Braves.

3. The Boston Red Sox the the New York Yankees by 14 games on July 19 1978. The Yankees went 52 and 21 down the stretch to tie for the AL East title. New York won a one-game divisional playoff game. Thanks to a Go ahead Home Run by Reggie Jackson. OK this is the same scenario that is happening this year.

2. The Chicago Cubs held a 9 1/2 game lead on the New York Mets on Aug 14 1969. The Cubs went 8 and 17 in September and finished 8 games behind the Mets.

1.California Angels held a 11 game lead on the Texas Rangers and the Seattle Mariners on August 11, 1995. They blew the led and the right to go to the playoff by losing a one game play off to the Seattle Mariners.

I went through the top 12 and picked my top 5. I would love to hear all of your thoughts an opinions. What do you think the all time biggest collapses is in MLB?

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

posted by SportsDork36 @ 11:52 PM  
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SportsDork36
Home: IL, United States
About Me: I am a 30 year old sports nut. Think you know more than me, I will prove you wrong! I have a wonderful beautiful wife who I have been with for 8 years, married for almost 4. She is amazing. We have 3 beautiful children who are our world. I work in healthcare in the computer world. I have my associates in computer science, working towards my BS in management. I volunteer my free time as an assistant coach for highschool basketball, hope to be a head coach one day.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER