asdfasdf
ADS ADS ADS!!!
Question Or Comments
Do you have any questions ? Or would you like to advertise on this site ? Please contact me at sportsdork36@gmail.com.
Web Search and MISC!!!
 
Support my site!!
>Jordan Shoe SALE at Footlocker.com!
Save 15% on $75.  Use Code LKS178N4. Valid 8.5.07-9.1.07.
Sports Superstitions
Monday, September 10, 2007
Being the sports nut that I am I thought that this would be a really good topic. I have heard of all kinds. In Basketball Micheal Jordan always puts his right shoe on before his left cause it is bad luck for him to put the left one on first. He also always wears his North Carolina Shorts under his game shorts. Did this him play better? It is hard to say. Another one would be Moses Alou Peed on his hands before every game cause he thought it helped him hit better. Ben Roethlisberger of the Pittsburgh Steelers did not shave until after they won Superbowl 40. He thought since they kept winning that it would be bad luck and they would lose. Another one I found was Wade Boggs would only eat chicken before every game. Nomar Garciaparra gets dressed the same way everyday and Steps on each dugout step with both feet and tugs his batting gloves and taps his toes during each at- bat.

I went and did some search to find some other here is what I found.

Baseball
1. Spitting into your hand before picking up the bat is said to bring good luck.
2. A wad of gum stuck on a player's hat brings good luck.
3. It is bad luck if a dog walks across the diamond before the first pitch.
3. Some players believe it is good luck to step on one of the bases before running off the field at the end of an inning.
4. It is bad luck to touch the baselines while running off and onto the field between innings.
5. Lending a bat to a fellow player is a serious jinx.
6. Some players actually sleep with their bat to break out of a hitting slump or stay in a groove.
7. If a pitcher is throwing a perfect game or a no-hitter, never speak of it while it's going on.

Basketball

1. The last person to shoot a basket during the warm-up will have a good game.
2. Wipe the soles of your sneakers for good luck.
3. Bounce the ball before taking a foul shot for good luck.

Football

1. Double numbers on a player's uniform brings good luck.
2. It's bad luck for a professional football player to take a new number when he traded traded to another team.
3. A mascot is an important good luck symbol

Does anyone out there in Sports land know of any other superstitions that they can contribute? Please Feel free to post.

May the force be with you!


Digg!

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by SportsDork36 @ 2:50 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At September 10, 2007 at 8:32 PM, Blogger D.C. said…

    Hockey:

    Bad luck to touch the Stanley Cup until you have won it.
    Good luck to tap helmets with the goalie before and after the game.
    Taping the goalies pads before a game is for good luck.
    Washing TShirt durring a winning streak is bad luck.
    Mentioning a shutout before the game is over is bad luck.

     
  • At September 11, 2007 at 6:13 AM, Blogger SportsDork36 said…

    DC- That is what I was looking for. Not knowing much about hockey I didnt put nothing on there. Those were really good.

     
  • At September 12, 2007 at 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    MLB,
    Always allow goats to come watch all games as long as the seat has been purchased.

     
  • At September 12, 2007 at 2:32 PM, Blogger SportsDork36 said…

    Last year the cubs went to the World series and man want to bring in his pet goat. He was denied so he cursed them and they have not been back to the world series since then. Like the superstition alot.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SportsDork36
Home: IL, United States
About Me: I am a 30 year old sports nut. Think you know more than me, I will prove you wrong! I have a wonderful beautiful wife who I have been with for 8 years, married for almost 4. She is amazing. We have 3 beautiful children who are our world. I work in healthcare in the computer world. I have my associates in computer science, working towards my BS in management. I volunteer my free time as an assistant coach for highschool basketball, hope to be a head coach one day.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER