|Being the sports nut that I am I thought that this would be a really good topic. I have heard of all kinds. In Basketball Micheal Jordan always puts his right shoe on before his left cause it is bad luck for him to put the left one on first. He also always wears his North Carolina Shorts under his game shorts. Did this him play better? It is hard to say. Another one would be Moses Alou Peed on his hands before every game cause he thought it helped him hit better. Ben Roethlisberger of the Pittsburgh Steelers did not shave until after they won Superbowl 40. He thought since they kept winning that it would be bad luck and they would lose. Another one I found was Wade Boggs would only eat chicken before every game. Nomar Garciaparra gets dressed the same way everyday and Steps on each dugout step with both feet and tugs his batting gloves and taps his toes during each at- bat.
I went and did some search to find some other here is what I found.
1. Spitting into your hand before picking up the bat is said to bring good luck.
2. A wad of gum stuck on a player's hat brings good luck.
3. It is bad luck if a dog walks across the diamond before the first pitch.
3. Some players believe it is good luck to step on one of the bases before running off the field at the end of an inning.
4. It is bad luck to touch the baselines while running off and onto the field between innings.
5. Lending a bat to a fellow player is a serious jinx.
6. Some players actually sleep with their bat to break out of a hitting slump or stay in a groove.
7. If a pitcher is throwing a perfect game or a no-hitter, never speak of it while it's going on.
1. The last person to shoot a basket during the warm-up will have a good game.
2. Wipe the soles of your sneakers for good luck.
3. Bounce the ball before taking a foul shot for good luck.
1. Double numbers on a player's uniform brings good luck.
2. It's bad luck for a professional football player to take a new number when he traded traded to another team.
3. A mascot is an important good luck symbol
Does anyone out there in Sports land know of any other superstitions that they can contribute? Please Feel free to post.
May the force be with you!
Labels: MLB, NBA, NFL, Sports, Stars., Superstitions