asdfasdf
ADS ADS ADS!!!
Question Or Comments
Do you have any questions ? Or would you like to advertise on this site ? Please contact me at sportsdork36@gmail.com.
Web Search and MISC!!!
 
Support my site!!
>Jordan Shoe SALE at Footlocker.com!
Save 15% on $75.  Use Code LKS178N4. Valid 8.5.07-9.1.07.
College Aid Loans: Is there any Freedom from them.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
When I was coming out of High School I was told College was supposed to be the best years of your life? I was always told that going to school will help you get a better job. I was never told that it could be really really expensive. I thought I would graduate high school and go to a big school, never worrying how much it would cost and live the college life. I figured that I would be able to get a lot of Grants and would of liked to try to get a scholarship. Was I wrong, I did get some grants but when I started I was not really sure what field I wanted to go into. I started down the path of education. Some of the classes were easy, but some of the material I was not understanding. Also, Coming from a small high school I was over whelmed. I didn't know anybody so I lost my drive to go to class. I ended up sleeping through classes and dropping class to take fun thinks. Finally it caught up to me.

Well if you miss to many classes they give on NO financial Aid. What I was not told was you have to attend a certain number of classes to get the help. The only thing that I knew was that I ad to have a certain GPA to keep it. Another thing they do not tell you is that if you drop a class it is counted against you also. So, being on Financial Aid Termination I was unable to play from my classes.

I had to take out a college aid loan through the bank to pay for classes. I was told that this money can be used to pay for books and supplies, They also do not tell you that you have to pay the interest every year. I used this money to go back and take the fun classes again, which did not help me get to the correct career path. It left me in big debt.

So I final make a decision to go to a littler smaller school, that was more expensive. Once again I used all the money I could from my first loan and grants and seemed to be enough for one semester. So once again I had to take out loans, this time they are federal loans, so you only get a certain amount. Plus, you get the extra cash if you have a bill that is all paid up. That is not told to you. So once again, finally have a college degree, but bigger loans to pay off. Also, one of them has interest building up on it that they do not tell you about.

Did you know that 8% of graduating seniors carried student loans of $40,000 or more in 2004, according the Project of Student debt. That is really scary that people are starting there career already in debt. So if you are starting a family you already have debt for the loan, plus you have a house payment or rent, and bills and if you plan to have kids there expensive also.

So the question I have is what do you do? Do you not go to school? Is there an easier way to pay them back?

May the Force be with you.

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by SportsDork36 @ 9:51 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At October 23, 2007 at 2:36 PM, Blogger ChrissyJo said…

    I know a guy who just graduated from law school and is 140K in debt and still working a low paying job while he looks for the right job. I'm sure his loans will end up paying off, but not sure everyone's does. I thought if I was smart and did good in school, which I did, I would get scholarships. Nope! Nothing. All of the ones I qualified were only for people of certain races - racism in my opinion.

     
  • At October 24, 2007 at 2:39 PM, Blogger Sleeping Beauty said…

    Since you are my husband and I love you, I am going to tell you that you have a lot of typos in this. People would not believe that you were almost done with your TEACHING DEGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Whats done is done. The government screwed you, me and everyone else who is not POOR with 10 kids. All we can do now is pay them off and try our hardest to have our kids not to go through the same thing we are going through. I love you.

    ChrissyJo~ I would like to see the scholarship~White Only. There are tons of them for african american, well why can it not say caucasion? Oh, because that would be racists. Then you have the ones that say, SINGLE, MOTHER, AFRICAN AMERICAN. I seen that at ICC the last time I was there. Nice!

    I want one that says, "Married, Mother of 3 who cant pay for gas!"

     
  • At October 28, 2007 at 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The answer to the simple question is no, there is never any end in sight to these stupid loans. I went to a trade type school and they sucked me dry, and I swear I will be paying them off on my deathbed and its not like it was medical school or anything! Crazy! They are as bad as the gd credit car companies who set you up for failure.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SportsDork36
Home: IL, United States
About Me: I am a 30 year old sports nut. Think you know more than me, I will prove you wrong! I have a wonderful beautiful wife who I have been with for 8 years, married for almost 4. She is amazing. We have 3 beautiful children who are our world. I work in healthcare in the computer world. I have my associates in computer science, working towards my BS in management. I volunteer my free time as an assistant coach for highschool basketball, hope to be a head coach one day.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER