asdfasdf
ADS ADS ADS!!!
Question Or Comments
Do you have any questions ? Or would you like to advertise on this site ? Please contact me at sportsdork36@gmail.com.
Web Search and MISC!!!
 
Support my site!!
>Jordan Shoe SALE at Footlocker.com!
Save 15% on $75.  Use Code LKS178N4. Valid 8.5.07-9.1.07.
My Vote to the Baseball Hall of Fame go to: Pete Rose!
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Peter Edward Rose Sr aka Charlie Hustle broke into Major League Baseball on April 8, 1963. He started the season hitless going 0 for a 11. He got his first hit on April 13, 1963 against the Pittsburgh Pirates, and the rest is history, as they say in Hollywood. But, this is not Hollywood, this is real world. Charlie Hustle received his nick name, because he played the game at the highest level, he would do what ever it takes to win, except cheat. In the 1970 all star game, Rose was involved in one of the greatest scoring plays of all time. With the game on the line, Rose came around third determine to score. Pete lowered his shoulder and barreled catcher Ray Fosse to score the game winning running. Rose also is the only player in his era to come close to the 56 game hitting streak, by hitting safely in 44 games. Rose went on to break Ty Cobb's record of 4192 on September 11, 1985. He went on to end his career with 4,256 hits, a record that still stands today. He retired from the game unofficially on November 11, 1986. He went on to manage the Cincinnati Reds. He was banned from the game of baseball for gambling in 1989. He has since admitted to gambling on his team to win, but never threw any games. This is keeping him out of the baseball hall of fame.

I feel he should be inducted into the baseball hall of fame based on his stats on the field. Not from the mistakes as a manager. If they let the players that did Steroids and HGH into the Hall why not Rose? What is fair about a player that cheats to beef his stats? I would love to here all your thoughts and opinions!

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by SportsDork36 @ 8:24 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At December 29, 2007 at 5:57 PM, Blogger Kennyo said…

    Hey very cool site, maybe we could work on something to promote each other..
    You can watch the Patriots play tonight or the UFC match on mine
    http://mysportpicks.blogspot.com

    thanks kennyo

     
  • At December 31, 2007 at 12:02 AM, Blogger The All Seeing Eye said…

    I have to say no to Pete... and also to those who have used Steroids. However, Pete know he would be banned for life if he was got betting on baseball. He took the risk and ended up like the "blacksox".

     
  • At January 4, 2008 at 12:03 PM, Blogger SportsDork36 said…

    the all seeing eye~ he took a risk after he was out of the game. Not while he was playing. So he deserve to be in.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SportsDork36
Home: IL, United States
About Me: I am a 30 year old sports nut. Think you know more than me, I will prove you wrong! I have a wonderful beautiful wife who I have been with for 8 years, married for almost 4. She is amazing. We have 3 beautiful children who are our world. I work in healthcare in the computer world. I have my associates in computer science, working towards my BS in management. I volunteer my free time as an assistant coach for highschool basketball, hope to be a head coach one day.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER