asdfasdf
ADS ADS ADS!!!
Question Or Comments
Do you have any questions ? Or would you like to advertise on this site ? Please contact me at sportsdork36@gmail.com.
Web Search and MISC!!!
 
Support my site!!
>Jordan Shoe SALE at Footlocker.com!
Save 15% on $75.  Use Code LKS178N4. Valid 8.5.07-9.1.07.
Brown Nosing...What???
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
"The vast majority of people we call brown-nosers are people who are actually good at their jobs and simply happen to be very good communicators - better than the rest of us."

Hmmmm....I was reading a magazine and came across this line, and I must say, I love it. Hehe. Once apon a time I played the laid back role, the I dont care, I am just going to do my work and nothing more and thats that. Where did it get me? A whole lot of no where! Then I noticed, once I started to speak up more, and voice my opinions, I got noticed more. I got taken more seriously. Now people come to me for questions, I am being included in more, and now I have met many new people that no matter where I go in my career may be able to help me, just because I was nice and helped them. So because I, speak up, voice my opinions, talk to people, I, SportsDork, am a Brown Noser. Yep, thats me! Thats what you get when you try to better yourself, not only for your career, but for your family you take care of.

I do not think that is brown nosing. I found this website of what I think brown nosing is. Its rather funny. If you dont want to go to the website here are what it lists, what a true brown noser does: buys alcohol for the boss, buys sporting tickets for the boss, invites the boss outs, etc.
http://www.redtractor-usa.com/Columnist.htm

So...Any experiences in brownosers at work? Are you one yourself? Lets see what kind of crap I get for posting this one, LOLOLOL

May the force be with you SportsDork36
posted by SportsDork36 @ 10:05 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At August 1, 2007 at 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAHA! Thats funny you wrote about that. In any work place, its always broken up between the brown nosers vs the NON brown nosers. I myself, am not a brown noser. But I can say, I hate it when someone says a person sucks up to manangement....Ummm Hello??!!! WTF are you going to tell them to kiss your @ss or something? I dont think so! There is nothing wrong with being friendly with your bosses, why wouldnt you be? Why would you want to be on their bad side? And for the people calling another person "brown noser" GET OVER IT. If they can do better, than why arent they? Because all they are doing is complaining and gossiping about the other person and it is all jealousy. At least that is how it is in my office world. So continue to do whats right for you, and no one else. Nice blog, its so true, I can relate. Good job, at least you are a man and dont work with all women, lol.

     
  • At August 2, 2007 at 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good Blog. I think if you can do your work better, you should. If you're not using your potential - you are just lazy. Work is for money, not trying to be cool - it sounds like these people who call you brown nosers are stuck in high school trying to impress each other by trying to be the biggest loser. Why do they matter? They are your competition. If being cool with your equals is worth never getting promoted and never having extra money then worry about what they think. If you'd rather be happy with yourself then take pride in your work, support your family, and ignore them. It is nice to have friends at work but when it all comes down to it work is just work, you can have your social life after work.

     
  • At August 2, 2007 at 8:28 AM, Blogger SportsDork36 said…

    This is just for Shit and giggles now I really am going be given a hard time. LOL

     
  • At August 2, 2007 at 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL, have you been given hell for that? I think you are a hard worker, that is all that matters. Heck, I wish we had some brown nosers at my work, maybe some work would get done!

     
  • At August 5, 2007 at 6:31 PM, Blogger SportsDork36 said…

    Brown nosers do not get any work done. They would rather set and talk to managers all day and make themseleves look good when others are doing work.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SportsDork36
Home: IL, United States
About Me: I am a 30 year old sports nut. Think you know more than me, I will prove you wrong! I have a wonderful beautiful wife who I have been with for 8 years, married for almost 4. She is amazing. We have 3 beautiful children who are our world. I work in healthcare in the computer world. I have my associates in computer science, working towards my BS in management. I volunteer my free time as an assistant coach for highschool basketball, hope to be a head coach one day.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER