asdfasdf
ADS ADS ADS!!!
Question Or Comments
Do you have any questions ? Or would you like to advertise on this site ? Please contact me at sportsdork36@gmail.com.
Web Search and MISC!!!
 
Support my site!!
>Jordan Shoe SALE at Footlocker.com!
Save 15% on $75.  Use Code LKS178N4. Valid 8.5.07-9.1.07.
Playing Not to Lose, “Can I get a definition please?”
Monday, November 12, 2007
As I watched football I heard the commentator’s use the term playing not to lose. This made me wonder, what are they talking about? I have seen team that look like they are playing against the clock, but never are playing to lose the game. I did a search on it on google.com and found that it means to play conservatively when you have a lead in a game. I feel there could be more meaning to that term. I think that the meaning could be you know that you have a good team, but you as a coach are holding them out of playing up to the teams full capability.

I feel that if you are as competitive as I am you play the game to win all of the time. I feel that teams that play not to lose, could face a greater team and they are going to get run off the field. Playing to lose is not a good way to teach a team. If you tell a team ok we are going to play not to lose, I feel that your telling them we are not very good so we are going to go out here and prove that we are not and if we win good, if we lose that is ok too. No I hope my son is never taught that we are playing not to lose, instead I would like him to be taught that you go and give it your all and lose it is ok.

So there are my thoughts on playing not to lose. What do you think?

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by SportsDork36 @ 2:15 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SportsDork36
Home: IL, United States
About Me: I am a 30 year old sports nut. Think you know more than me, I will prove you wrong! I have a wonderful beautiful wife who I have been with for 8 years, married for almost 4. She is amazing. We have 3 beautiful children who are our world. I work in healthcare in the computer world. I have my associates in computer science, working towards my BS in management. I volunteer my free time as an assistant coach for highschool basketball, hope to be a head coach one day.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER