asdfasdf
ADS ADS ADS!!!
Question Or Comments
Do you have any questions ? Or would you like to advertise on this site ? Please contact me at sportsdork36@gmail.com.
Web Search and MISC!!!
 
Support my site!!
>Jordan Shoe SALE at Footlocker.com!
Save 15% on $75.  Use Code LKS178N4. Valid 8.5.07-9.1.07.
20 THINGS THAT HAVE HAPPENED SINCE THE CHICAGO CUBS LAST WON THE WORLD
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Being a sports fan I am going with a Little Humor. I know this may set some people off. but read it it is true.

1. Radio was invented; Cub fans got to hear their team lose.

2. TV was invented; Cub fans got to see their team lose.

3. Baseball added 14 teams; Cub fans got to see AND hear their team lose to more teams.

4. George Burns celebrated his 10th, 20th, 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th,70th,
80th, 90th and 100th birthdays.

5. Halley's Comet passed Earth... twice.

6. Harry Caray was born... and died. Incredible, but true.

7. The NBA, NHL and NFL were formed, and Chicago teams won championships in each league.

8. Man landed on the moon, as have several home runs given up by Cubs
pitchers.

9. Sixteen US presidents were elected.

10. There were 11 amendments added to the Constitution.

11. Prohibition was created, and repealed.

12. The Titanic was built, set sail, sank, was discovered, and became the subject of major motion pictures... the latter giving Cub fans hope that something that finishes on the bottom can come out on top.

13. Wrigley Field was built and becomes the oldest park in the National
League.

14. Flag poles were erected on Wrigley Field roof to hold all of the team's future World Series pennants. Those flag poles have since rusted and been taken down.

15. A combination of 40 summer & winter Olympics have been held.

16. Thirteen baseball players have won the Triple Crown; several thanked Cubs pitchers.

17. Bell bottoms came in style, went out of style, and came back in style.

18. The Cleveland Indians, Boston Red Sox, Arizona Diamondbacks, and
Florida Marlins have ALL won the World Series.

19. The Cubs played 14,153 regular-season games; they lost the majority of them.

20. Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, Oklahoma, and New Mexico were added to the
Union.

May the Force be with you.
posted by SportsDork36 @ 11:42 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At July 30, 2007 at 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your name says it all, well the 2nd part does. Try proof reading your comments on the MSN sports stories page. The 1st 3 sentences appeared to be constructed by a 3 year old not a 30 year old. Too bad, because your blog isn't bad for 3 year old dork. lmaoau

     
  • At July 31, 2007 at 9:19 AM, Blogger SportsDork36 said…

    I think I pushed this cub fans buttons a little. I am a Sportsdork. Ask any question I will go from there. You know nothing about sports.

     
  • At August 1, 2007 at 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    SportsDork~~To me it does not appear that you made a Cubs fan mad, because, this person did not even mention the Cubs in his Childish rants. Instead, he just decided to insult you. So to me, it is all jealousy. But hmm....Why all the jealousy?....Does this person know you? He is obviously a pussy and has to use the name annonymous, so he must know you. And the grammar? What the hell, get over your self annonymous! Its a fucking blog, not god damn MSN, if you dont like the way its written, dont freaking read it!

     
  • At August 1, 2007 at 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have never seen 'lmaoau' on an MSN story either. Proofreading is all one word - not two.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SportsDork36
Home: IL, United States
About Me: I am a 30 year old sports nut. Think you know more than me, I will prove you wrong! I have a wonderful beautiful wife who I have been with for 8 years, married for almost 4. She is amazing. We have 3 beautiful children who are our world. I work in healthcare in the computer world. I have my associates in computer science, working towards my BS in management. I volunteer my free time as an assistant coach for highschool basketball, hope to be a head coach one day.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER